Here it comes – the most comon error occors when you are having 64bit machine and trying to develop windows mobile phone application – it drives me crazy for about 4 hrs.
Finally found solution that worked for me.
Follow the steps and may be it helps you out too. ( For me its VS2008)
1. Open Visual Studio 2008 -> Tools -> Device Emulator Manager
2.Select the device using which you are planning to test your application
3.Right Click And Select Connect.
4. Start up windows mobile device center – Under Settings
5. Check “Allow connection to one of the following – Select DMA from dropdown – Keep WMDC running.
6.Once device runs successfully from step 3 – Right Click Device in Device Emulator Manager and select Craddle
7. Device will start showing connected in WMDC -Copy “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Devices\wce500\armv4i\sqlce.wce5.armv4i.CAB” to your emulator device
8. Open file explorer in your device and execute sqlce.wce5.armv4i.CAB
That’s all – you are out of the trouble !
Let me know if this didn’t work with you , also comment if any other way around is possible to resolve same.
Happy Coding !