Here is what happen to my HP LaserJet Printer Stuck on Initializing (My Model is 1213nf MFP), After latest update of Firmware to HP Printer it was started.
What was noticed is
1. Initially when it starts initializing, the scanner head moves to scan area instead of standby position , on every initialization it moves either left or right. When it back to home position my printer works OK.
2. Another thing was noticed was, if I unplug my network cable my printer works OK.
To avoid initialization what I did was :
- Unplug network cable, printer USB cable, power cable and wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug back power cable.
- Power on the printer and hit Copy And X (Cancel button above copy button) until it says permanent storage initialize.
Power on the printer and hit Right Arrow And X (Cancel button above copy button) until it says permanent storage initialize.
- Download the latest firmware and apply it (Use USB Cable, DO NOT TRY IT OVER NETWORK TO UPDATE FIRMWARE)
- If your Router does not support ipv6 : disable ipv6 in your printer (This works in my case.)
Happy Troubleshooting for HP LaserJet Printer Stuck on Initializing!!